Thursday, April 14, 2011

Final Review on Mildew Cleaner

CLICK HERE to read my first thoughts on part, price, and process making this product.

Like a real dummy, I didn't think to take a "before" picture, but the windowsill (to the right of the solution) was black.  As you can see, there is still some mildew remaining, but almost completely gone.


My Final Thoughts:
Cons- Not a "quick fix." Takes more than one application. Tea tree oil smell can be strong directly after application.

Pros- Easy to make, chemical free, and most importantly, it works! As I mentioned in the "cons" it doesn't work right away. The mildew I had in my shower has greatly improved, but it works a little bit at time. I would notice it getting a little lighter after each application. I also like that you just let it air-dry. I would literally spray it on and walk away. No scrubbing, no prune hands, spray and go! Still have some mildew hanging on for dear life, so we'll see how long it takes 'til it's completely gone... I will update when it's gone!

Overall- Worth a try. I halved the solution and it has lasted 7+ applications on a small area, so I would imagine it would last at least a couple applications on a large area (I treated a few problem spots in my shower, just chose to picture that location because it was by far the worst). A great solution if you have small areas of mildew in the kitchen/bathroom/basement, etc. Probably not the best solution for you if you're having a BBQ that night and want all the mildew on the back of your house gone ASAP. 


Will you be trying this solution? Let me know!


Like what you see? "Subscribe via e-mail" in the top right corner to receive updates when a new post is added! Never more than 1 e-mail a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment