Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starting a Garden (part 1)

An aunt of mine recently started a box garden. She has been updating us on her progress, and with her permission, I will be posting those as she sends! (Her words in italics)

3/13
Hey guys!


I'm trying to start these vegetables from seeds. Then we are going to plant them in containers and a "square foot" garden plot on back patio. Hope I can get enough sun. I think I need 6-8 hour per day.


For more on square foot gardening see the following web sites:


www.squarefootgardening.org, www.mysquarefootgarden.net 


and/or google 'square foot garden'....


Be sure to check page 2 of the spreadsheet to see how I plan to lay out our square foot garden.


I am calling this an austerity/prosperity garden!


Cheers!
--drr


The vegetable list and plant date:
Beans, Pole 3/12/2011
Carrot
Cucumber 3/12/2011
Okra 3/12/2011
Zucchini 3/14/2011
Lettuce, Bibb 3/12/2011
Lettuce, Simpson 3/12/2011
Radish 3/14/2011
Peppers, Sweet Mix Plant indoors for 8 weeks 3/16/2001
Tomatoes
Lettuce,
Onions
Peas 3/16/2011
Summer Squash  3/16/2011






Copied from spreadsheet, apologize for weird formatting!

Like what you see? "Subscribe via e-mail" in the top right corner to receive updates when a new post is added! As always, feel free to comment below, or e-mail me at naturallynourishing@gmail.com with any thoughts, questions, or concerns!

No comments:

Post a Comment