Friday, March 4, 2011

Final thoughts (Updated!) on homemade deodorant

Last night I decided to try my hand at the deodorant again. This time around, I put the coconut oil in heat bath and let it melt before adding it to the baking soda/cornstarch. Let me tell ya, it made all the difference in the world!! The mixture poured beautifully into an old deodorant container. I let it sit overnight, and by this morning it was perfection. This is DEFINITELY what the original author was going for. It glides on smoothly -no crumbling this time around- and I have a feeling it is going to last a lot longer than my previous batch with the more compact texture. As far as I can tell, I will never buy deodorant again. This stuff works way better, is inexpensive, and too easy to make. I hope you'll try it too!

CLICK HERE and HERE for linkbanks to original posts about making deodorant.


Like what you see? "Subscribe via e-mail" in the top right corner to receive updates when a new post is added! As always, feel free to comment below, or e-mail me at naturallynourishing@gmail.com with any thoughts, questions, or concerns!

No comments:

Post a Comment